en - RE: [sympa-users] duplicate mailman message-specific rejection notification

  • From: "Philip Crandall" <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Serge Aumont'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: RE: [sympa-users] duplicate mailman message-specific rejection notification
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 16:27:02 -0500

Serge,
Sorry so late (in the middle of a migration to Sympa)...Thank you.

It sounds as though it will be a number of rejection messages that can be
specified. Has any thought been given to allowing the moderator to type in
free-form text, such as mailman allows? Also, could the body of a rejection
command somehow be made available to the rejection template?

For example:
I get a message as a moderator from Sympa asking me to distribute/reject.
I reply to the message with the reject/distribute command in the subject.
Could the body of that reply be made available to reject.tt2?

I told the user who asked about this feature to reply to the moderation
message, copy/paste the sender from the subject line to CC, copy/paste the
rejection command over the subject line, and type the personal message she
wants to send in the body. It's not a perfect work-around, but it
accomplishes what the user wants to do.

Looking forward to 6.0.

Thanks,

Philip