en - Re: [sympa-users] Restricting sending access by IP Address

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: Queen Brown <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Restricting sending access by IP Address
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:14:38 +0200

Queen Brown wrote:
Ok, thanks. I would still like to use the match condition based on the
domain. But I am unable to get this to work. I have created the
following rule for a list:

match ([env->remote_addr],/^134\.140\.10\./) smtp -> do_it
match ([env->remote_host],/hostname\.simmons\.edu$/) smtp -> do_it
true() smtp,smime,md5 ->
reject(reason='send_local_user')

But it seems that the first two conditions are not met when a message is
sent from the specified network. I only receive the error identified by
the reject action. Is there something that needs to be configured in
order to detect the domain part of the IP address or host?
Yes that's true because the environnement variable remote_addr or remote_host are not initialized by any process when receiving a message. It would be very difficult to define the semantic of thoses vars because of store and forward feature in SMTP protocol.

You may use "sender" : the following rule accept message where sender is under domain simmons.edu

match ([sender],/simmons\.edu$/) smtp -> do_it

Serge