en - Re: [sympa-users] New beta and postgresql

  • From: David Verdin <address@concealed>
  • To: Øystein Gyland <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] New beta and postgresql
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 17:08:11 +0100

Yes, that's the custom user attribute field. It's a contribution from A. de Bignancourt (UREC).
It's actually a new feature in Sympa which is not documented in the user manual yet.
Basically, it allows a list owner to define additional attributes for his/her list's users. To avoid too big transformations in the Sympa database handling, these attributes are stored in an XML fragment stored in the field you found.
When defining custom users attributes (through the section "miscellaneous" in the list administration panel) you will add new fields in the list's subscription form.
The values of these fields are then stored as XML in the database.

Regards,