en - [sympa-users] Re: Populating archives

  • From: Serge Aumont <address@concealed>
  • To: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Populating archives
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 06:10:36 +0200

Allen, Pat wrote:

Good morning –

I am trying to migrate from Lyris to Sympa. I am currently running 5.4a.2 in my test environment.

I have not found a good way to import my Lyris archives into Sympa. I am planning to try to build mbox style files from the database and then run mbox2sympa.pl from the contrib. page. I’ve run the run the script and copied the various log.* files to the “archives” subdirectory of the list under /home/sympa/expl.

Then I’ve run arc2webarc.pl which builds all the arctxt folders under the appropriate months. But I’m stuck here. What is the missing piece to call MHonArc? If I go to the directory and just run the mhonarc executable, all the HTML files get built but it doesn’t use the Sympa template.

So, would somebody please tell me what I am missing?

Hi

Go to the admin web page, in the archives section and clic "Rebuild all" button. Then archived.pl deamon will do it for you. Now Sympa do not use anymore archives files named log.<xxx> located in the list directory under /home/sympa/expl. you can remove them.

Serge