en - [sympa-users] Populating archives

  • From: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Populating archives
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 13:22:37 -0700

Good morning –

I am trying to migrate from Lyris to Sympa. I am currently running  5.4a.2 in my test environment.

I have not found a good way to import my Lyris archives into Sympa. I am planning to try to build mbox style files from the database and then run mbox2sympa.pl from the contrib. page.  I’ve run the run the script and copied the various log.* files to the “archives” subdirectory of the list under /home/sympa/expl.

Then I’ve run arc2webarc.pl which builds all the arctxt folders under the appropriate months. But I’m stuck here. What is the missing piece to call MHonArc? If I go to the directory and just run the mhonarc executable, all the HTML files get built but it doesn’t use the Sympa template.

So, would somebody please tell me what I am missing?

Also, has anybody migrated from Lyris to Sympa? I would appreciate hearing any suggestions you might have. I am currently running on Lyris 9.0.

Thank you!

Pat Allen