en - [sympa-users] Configuring a list for local domain users

  • From: "Allen, Pat" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Configuring a list for local domain users
  • Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:47:14 -0700

Good morning –

Excuse me if this is a basic question but I’ve just started working with Sympa.

We are currently using Lyris as our mail server and are looking to migrate to Sympa. We’re an oceanographic research organization and many of our lists are restricted  to staff while many are open to public subscription. I notice that when creating a list, I can configure it so that the field “Who can subscribe to the list (subscribe)” is set to “restricted to local domain users (intranet)”. This would seem to be what I want but the problem is that the Sympa server is in a tertiary DNS zone (shore.mbari.org) and users will be logging in with their normal email addresses of address@concealed. It seems that the software doesn’t recognize this as being the same DNS zone.

Does anyone have any suggestions to get around this?

Thanks!

Pat Allen