en - [sympa-users] Re: problem with Debian packaging of Sympa 5.3.3 - a novice question

  • From: address@concealed (Janusz S. Bień)
  • To: "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: problem with Debian packaging of Sympa 5.3.3 - a novice question
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 16:44:32 +0200

On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 "Stefan Hornburg (Racke)" <address@concealed> wrote:

[...]

> What are you static_content_* settings in sympa.conf and how does
> your /etc/apache2/conf.d/sympa look like ?

First, I am very happy to hear from the package maintainer!

Secondly, I haven't reported my problems as Debian bug/wishlist for a
simple reason: I've just realised that my favorite way of reporting
them, namely `debian-bug' in Emacs, is not working and I have to find
a way to circumvent this problem.

Let me start with some background. Today I've installed sympa on an old
PC running Debian testing, dedicated especially for this purpose. It was
a straighforward installation. Editing of configuration files was
limited to the following cases:

1. exim4 was configured using the excellent advice of Eric Deplagne

http://bugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?msg=65;bug=169102

2. The automatically created sympa.conf was incorrect, because the
`supported_lang' was not set at all, so I've corrected it by hand
(the problem with locales is another story, I would like to come
back to it later).

3. Recently I've added

Alias /wwsstatic "/var/lib/sympa/static_content"

to apache2.conf. Now the page

http://amos.klf.uw.edu.pl/wws

displays correctly.

As for your questions, sympa.config contains

static_content_path /var/lib/sympa/static_content
static_content_url /wwsstatic

I've didn't touched them, although I've used, hoping it may help :-), the
"install static css" button on the "Skins administration page".

And here is the content of /etc/apache2/conf.d/sympa:

Alias /static-sympa /var/lib/sympa/static_content
Alias /wwsicons /usr/share/sympa/icons
ScriptAlias /wws /usr/lib/cgi-bin/sympa/wwsympa.fcgi

Best regards

Janusz

--
,
dr hab. Janusz S. Bien, prof. UW - Uniwersytet Warszawski (Katedra