en - [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-translation] translation into Spanish and installation

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Daniel Viñar Ulriksen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: [sympa-translation] translation into Spanish and installation
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:13:23 +0200

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Viñar Ulriksen a écrit :
When upgrading a debian server form sarge to etch, and therefore upgrading Sympa from 4.x to 5.2.3, I lost the multi-language interface.
I could activate English and French (see http://sympa.belvil.net) but not Spanish, and I saw that es was no longer listen in /etc/sympa.conf comments. In the log I had:
sympa[20682]: Failed to setlocale(es_ES) ; you either have a problem with the catalogue .mo files or you should extend available locales in your /etc/locale.gen (or /etc/sysconfig/i18n) file
One reason for this problem would be that you are missing some locales on your server. On Debian try running "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and check that the Spanish locale is installed.
Moreover, can you check what does "locale -a" return ?
I thought it was because of an incomplete .mo, so I went to
http://pootle.sympa.org/ and finished the Spanish translation (well,
remains some incoherency to review, but at least the file is complete)
That's great ; we'll include your translations in the next Sympa release.
I downloaded the .po, compiled it into .po, replaced the
/usr/lib/sympa/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/sympa.mo and even created an
/usr/lib/sympa/locale/es_ES/LC_MESSAGES/sympa.mo
I reloaded Sympa and Apache2. I don't have any complain in the logs no longer, but I still don't see the Spanish web interface for Sympa.
What is the value of your "supported_lang" sympa.conf parameter ?