en - [sympa-users] Re: How to go to a specific URL on logging out

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: Steven Peterson <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: How to go to a specific URL on logging out
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 11:22:25 +0200

Steven Peterson wrote:
We are using the excellent cookie login feature of Sympa so that users who are authenticated through another application can go right into Sympa without having to log in again. This means that normal users never see the Sympa login page. (we kept the auth.conf at the default so that testers can still log directly in.) Ideally, we would like it so that when a user logs out of Sympa, their cookie is removed and they are redirected to the originating website (not the Sympa login page). Can anyone recommend a Sympa-friendly way to do this or do we need to write some javascript ?
(We tried dropping in the external URL as the 'referer' variable in the logout action in log_menu.tt2, but that did not seem to work.)
Please could you create a feature request in sympa web site describing your needs. We will solve this when releasing the sympa version including session feature which currently in the SVN trunk.