en - [sympa-users] Re: upgraded to 5.3.3 and some lists are unable to unsubscribe users

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Peck <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: upgraded to 5.3.3 and some lists are unable to unsubscribe users
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 11:58:37 +0200

Hi Chris,

The problem you describe makes me think that the subscribers entries in the database (in subscriber_table) might have an empty 'subscrbed_subscriber' field, whereas it should be set to '1'. If this is the problem, then you should run the following SQL command provided here <http://www.sympa.org/wiki/faq/database#problems_with_include2_list_members>.

The problem might be related to upgrade issues ; therefore could you please send us, off-list, a copy of your log files corresponding to the upgrade process. It will help us fix the upgrade procedures.

Thanks.

Chris Peck a écrit :
We've just finished converting from Sympa 4.1.1 to 5.3.3 and overall it was a smooth process. I am now in "mop-up" mode - cleaning up misconfiged lists, etc. I've run into one issue which baffles me & hopefully there is an easy fix.

We have at least one list (and I suspect more) that doesn't allow unsubscribing users from it. The user, privileged list owner and listmaster can review the subscribers, but, none of us are able to remove a subscriber. When we try it we get: ERROR (del) - Not subscribed: address@concealed <mailto:address@concealed>

the entries for unsubscribe in the list config is "unsubscribe open_notify) - we are using the stock unsubscribe.open_notify for the scenari file:

title.gettext open with mail confirmation, owner is notified

!is_subscriber ([listname],[email]) smtp,md5,smime -> do_it,notify
!equal ([sender],[email]) smtp -> request_auth([email])
true() smtp,md5,smime -> do_it,notify

Are there any entries in the edit_list.conf file or anywhere else that might effect this? Any suggestions would be appreciated.