en - [sympa-users] Re: Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?

  • From: Olivier Salaün <address@concealed>
  • To: Berge Schwebs Bjørlo <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:32:57 +0200

Hi,

You're right, the documentation is incorrect : the list_aliases.tt2 template is not a mail template and therefore is not located in a mail_tt2/ subdirectory. I've just fixed the online documentation.

We've had the same needs as yours (ie exporting list aliases to the MX server) and we've chosen a different solution : we've customized the newaliases command that Sympa uses to use our homemade script. This script does 1) the exportation of list aliases to the MX server and 2) run the newaliases command. You can customize the newaliases command that is run by Sympa through the --with-newaliases option during the Sympa configure, see example below :

# ./configure --with-newaliases=/usr/local/bin/export_aliases.pl

Berge Schwebs Bjørlo a écrit :
I need to generate a list of all valid list addresses from Sympa, including
-request, -editor and friends, for use with the MX (on a different box, which
in turn will be able to return error messages SMTP-time instead of letting
Sympa generate bounces for non-existing lists).

I thought perhaps this could be hacked^Wsolved by letting alias_manager use a
list_aliases.tt2 ­template to generate the config file for the MTA. Though, I
can't seem to let alias_manager actually find my list_aliases.tt2. On
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/list-definition#list_template_files the
search order for the template files is given. But upon examining my
alias_manager.pl:

$tt2_include_path = [
'/etc/sympa/admtest.itea.ntnu.no',
'/etc/sympa',
'/usr/share/sympa'
];

Note that this is Sympa 5.2.3-1.2, installed on Ubuntu Dapper, backported
from Ubuntu Feisty, which in turn is just a copy of the package in Debian. In
this package, paths have been changed from /home/sympa/* to Debian
Policy-compliant paths.

As a result, putting a list_aliases.tt2 in /etc/sympa/mail_tt2/ does not
change the behaviour of alias_manager. Putting it in /etc/sympa/ does. The
same results occurs on a default installation in /home/sympa/, as per the
documentation.

Quite possibly am I missing something here. It makes me wonder if this is the
default behaviour, or what I might be doing wrong. Should I place
list_aliases.tt2 in /etc/sympa/? Hints or pointers would be greatly
appriciated.