en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?

  • From: Berge Schwebs Bjørlo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:58:46 +0200

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 05:32:57PM +0200, Olivier Salaün wrote:
> Hi,

Cheers, and thanks for you prompt reply.

> You're right, the documentation is incorrect : the list_aliases.tt2
> template is not a mail template and therefore is not located in a mail_tt2/
> subdirectory. I've just fixed the online documentation.

Thanks a lot, I wondered about that (-: I have suggestion about the addition,
if I might: Currently it reads:

Note that this template is not a service messages, therefore it is not
located in a mail_tt2/ subdirectory.

Perhaps one could add a notice saying where list_aliases.tt2 should reside,
to something along the lines of:

Note that this template is not a service message, therefore it is not
located in a mail_tt2/ subdirectory. Sympa will look for list_aliases.tt2
in /home/sympa/<robot>/ and /home/sympa/etc/, in that order.

> we've customized the newaliases command that Sympa uses to use our homemade
> script. This script does 1) the exportation of list aliases to the MX
> server and 2) run the newaliases command.

Good idea, really. It eliminates the potential delayed if the file is
exported with cron every now and then.

> You can customize the newaliases command that is run by Sympa through the
> --with-newaliases option during the Sympa configure, see example below :

Too bad that it requires a rebuild of the package. I try to use maintained
packages (for example from Debian) whenever it's feasable. It makes upgrades
and security updates a whole lot easier and far less time consuming. It'd be
great if this was configurable from sympa.conf.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
-Berge

--
Berge Schwebs Bjørlo
There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about