en - [sympa-users] Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?

  • From: Berge Schwebs Bjørlo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Where is alias_manager supposed to look for list_aliases.tt2?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:21:11 +0200

Greetings!

I need to generate a list of all valid list addresses from Sympa, including
-request, -editor and friends, for use with the MX (on a different box, which
in turn will be able to return error messages SMTP-time instead of letting
Sympa generate bounces for non-existing lists).

I thought perhaps this could be hacked^Wsolved by letting alias_manager use a
list_aliases.tt2­template to generate the config file for the MTA. Though, I
can't seem to let alias_manager actually find my list_aliases.tt2. On
http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/list-definition#list_template_files the
search order for the template files is given. But upon examining my
alias_manager.pl:

$tt2_include_path = [
'/etc/sympa/admtest.itea.ntnu.no',
'/etc/sympa',
'/usr/share/sympa'
];

Note that this is Sympa 5.2.3-1.2, installed on Ubuntu Dapper, backported
from Ubuntu Feisty, which in turn is just a copy of the package in Debian. In
this package, paths have been changed from /home/sympa/* to Debian
Policy-compliant paths.

As a result, putting a list_aliases.tt2 in /etc/sympa/mail_tt2/ does not
change the behaviour of alias_manager. Putting it in /etc/sympa/ does. The
same results occurs on a default installation in /home/sympa/, as per the
documentation.

Quite possibly am I missing something here. It makes me wonder if this is the
default behaviour, or what I might be doing wrong. Should I place
list_aliases.tt2 in /etc/sympa/? Hints or pointers would be greatly
appriciated.

Cheers,
-Berge

--
Berge Schwebs Bjørlo
There's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about