en - [sympa-users] Re: News gateway...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: News gateway...
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 23:07:10 +0200

Mandi! Olivier Salaün - CRU
In chel d? si favelave...

OSnC> We've already had a feature request to provide plugins for alternate
OSnC> archiving ; it is described here :
OSnC>
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1322&group_id=23&atid=170
OSnC> Please read it and complete the feature request if you feel something
is
OSnC> missing.

No, seems well written, at leasto for me. ;)

In the meantime: there's really a way to 'wrap around' something the
mhonarc call?

>> 1) as i can use rnews to inject the messages to news server, would be
>> better to have somewhere in the message crunching process (optimally:
>> after the mail are considered approved) a pipe to a user-defined program.
>> Probably i can hack the mhonarc call to 'dupe' the message and send a copy
>> to the real mhonarc and a copy to my conversion script, but this
>> is not optimal (it is not after the message got approved ;) and indeed i
>> don't know how to do that. ;)
OSnC> I don't understand why this is not optimal ; messasges get archived
only
OSnC> once approved.

Sorry. Better, pardonnez moi. ;)

Typically a message a) pass approve/reject/moderate stage, b) then go
to 'header munging' stage (add header, remove header, subject tagging,
...) c) then go to archiving/deliverying.
If the message passed to news gateway was got before b) it is tipically
better (rnews are a bit picky about headers... ;).

>> How can i do that in sympa? Re-stating clearly: how, and possibly for a
>> user only, can i 'mark' the message so they are approved, in a secure
>> manner?

Speaking clearly: there's a way to setup a scenario or something like
this in wich the news gateway 'do something' (S/MIME?) so that sympa
accept the message ('trust it')?

--
Molti italiani sognavano di vedere Berlusconi in un cellulare,
prima o poi... (Stardust?, da i.n.n-a)