en - [sympa-users] Re: News gateway...

  • From: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • To: Marco Gaiarin <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: News gateway...
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 12:59:43 +0200

MG> In the meantime: there's really a way to 'wrap around' something the
MG> mhonarc call?

Ok, i've run thru all the sympa parameters, hoping not missing too
many.
The only external binary called are mhonarc and sendmail, both are
configurable. But sendmail probably get the full formatted message as
input, so after that i need to 'grep' into header to find the listname,
or at least discriminate from real list mail from 'robot' moderation,
bounce, ... stuff. Too hard.

The parameter 'mhonarc':

http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/web-interface#mhonarc

seems perfect: can i have an hint on how they are called? I need to
read the source?

MG> Speaking clearly: there's a way to setup a scenario or something like
MG> this in wich the news gateway 'do something' (S/MIME?) so that sympa
MG> accept the message ('trust it')?

Reading:

http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/authentication#authentication

(second paragraph) seems that the only way to approve a generic message
(eg, caming from a news server) are to sign S/MIME it.

Looking at:

http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/authorization-scenarios#authorization_scenarios

confused a bit me. Seems that i can use simple From: authentication,
but i've to manually subscribe (as nomail! ;) all news people, or use
S/MIME but in this way *all* user have to use S/MIME, even subscribed
ones.

Can be setup a scenario like 'use From: auth for subscribers, try
S/MIME for others and last reject'?

Thanks.

--
In mondo non rinuncera` a essere violento fino a quando non accettera`
di studiare il proprio bisogno di violenza. (Yolande Mukagasana)