en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: News gateway...

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Sergiy Zhuk <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: News gateway...
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:51:24 +0200

Hi Sergiy,

Sergiy Zhuk wrote:
On Wed, 9 May 2007, [ISO-8859-1] Olivier Sala?n - CRU wrote:

You can read the archived.pl script to have details, but here is a brief
explanation on how mhonarc is called :

I wonder if there's an option in 5.3.x to have a directory per day rather than a directory per month.
Archival for high traffic lists (more than a 1,000 msgs a day) is very slow as you approach end of the month and search is almost useless too.

We already had a similar request to provide yearly web archives for mailing lists that have low traffic.

This is not so easy to implement an archives frequency parameter for the following reasons :
  • There are quite a few places in the code where YYYY-MM is hard-coded
  • A solution should be flexible enough to adapt to yearly, daily, and probably weekly frequencies
  • If a list owner changes the parameter, Sympa should be capable of reorganizing the archive files
  • All that Mhonarc knows about is a month subdirectory ; monthly archives are partitionned
We had only few such requests over the last years, therefore we don't consider this as top priority. But please add a feature request in our tracking system : https://sourcesup.cru.fr/tracker/?atid=170&group_id=23&func=browse

Thanks.