en - [sympa-users] Virtual robot not working for moderated lists

  • From: Ryann Levo <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Virtual robot not working for moderated lists
  • Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 14:47:30 -0400

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to Sympa so bear with me. We have a Sympa instance (5.2.3) running on Fedora Core and Apache. We have the main robot and one virtual server/robot where the majority of our lists live (the virtual that is). Everything appears to be working fine (message delivery, people able to log in via the web to see their lists on the virt, dynamic lists are populating, etc) however we've discovered that moderated lists have an issue. The owners get the message that they have to approve or reject, and when they try to do either (either by email or the web) it looks like Sympa is still looking for the lists in the primary home location, when in fact all the lists for the virtual robot live in the sub dir with the name of the virtual server.

See error below:

May 4 14:04:18 jhsympa2 sympa[3626]: Parsing: DISTRIBUTE test3 ffb93f571c2314f3700aa93f1e9aa340
May 4 14:04:18 jhsympa2 sympa[3626]: Missing directory (/home/sympa/expl/test3) or config file for test3
May 4 14:04:18 jhsympa2 sympa[3626]: DISTRIBUTE test3 ffb93f571c2314f3700aa93f1e9aa340 from address@concealed refused, unknown list for robot jhsympa2.nts.jhu.edu

/home/sympa/expl/test3 is the main or primary robot home dir. There is a directory within expl named the virtual robot that holds all the list information but the moderated task isn't going there.

Am I missing a config or something? Are there more files I need to copy over to the etc/<vitualhost> dir (where the robot.conf file is located)? Please help!

Thanks,
Ryann

--

Ryann A. Levo