en - [sympa-users] RE: Re: Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line

  • From: Jérôme Zittoun <address@concealed>
  • To: "'Olivier Salaün - CRU'" <address@concealed>, "'Tim Koop'" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: <address@concealed>, "'Chris Andrews'" <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] RE: Re: Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 19:09:20 +0200

Hello,

If changes don't occur very frequently, another way is possible by sending
owners commands to Sympa.

When an user removes himself in your DB/software, you can send "DELETE
listname
user@host" with list-owner as FROM.

More details on http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/sympa-commands#owner_commands

The biggest issue (in my opinion) with Sympa is that email is always part of
the
primary key, so when one wants to change it, he change primary keys (and
there's
no cascading) :-S

Jérôme
--