en - [sympa-users] Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Tim Koop <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:03:50 +0200

No there is no feature to add/remove/edit list members from the command-line.

If you want to write your own tool for manipulating list members, you should definitely have a loook at the Sympa SOAP interface : http://www.sympa.org/wiki/manual/soap#sympa_soap_server

Tim Koop wrote:
Is there some way to unsubscribe an email address from a mailing list from the command-line? I've looked in the documentation, but I can't find anything anywhere.

We sometimes have people in our own database who change their email addresses, so we need to automatically reflect that change in Sympa too. I can't find a command-line command to change someone's email address. The other way to do it would be to unsubscribe the old address and add the new one.

Is this possible at all? What are we to do?