en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Tim Koop <address@concealed>
  • Cc: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>, Chris Andrews <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 17:10:15 +0200

Generaly speaking, directly editing the database is not a good idea because the database format might change and your code would either not work anymore or introduce corrupted data into Sympa's backend. That's the reason why we developed a SOAP server in Sympa, to allow external programs to request Sympa services in a secured way.

In your situation though, removing subscriber_table entries sounds less risked than adding new entries because you don't need to know about the exact format of the DB entries.

Tim Koop wrote:
Thanks Chris and Olivier.

If the command line is not an option, I don't mind poking into Sympa's database myself.  Can somebody confirm that a simple delete of a record in subscriber_table would do the trick, even while Sympa is in the middle of a mailing?