en - [sympa-users] Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line

  • From: Tim Koop <address@concealed>
  • To: "address@concealed" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: Chris Andrews <address@concealed>, Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Re: How to unsubscribe people from a list from the command line
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:19:43 -0600

Thanks Chris and Olivier.

If the command line is not an option, I don't mind poking into Sympa's database myself.  Can somebody confirm that a simple delete of a record in subscriber_table would do the trick, even while Sympa is in the middle of a mailing?

--
Tim Koop

Chris Andrews wrote:

What about this:

The file format is:

## Data to be imported

## email gecos

address@concealed John - accountant

address@concealed  Mary - secretary

The full name part is optional.

The command is:

cat <file containing email address> | /var/sympa/sbin/sympa.pl –import=<list@robot>

For example

List: testlist

Robot: robothost.com

File: named emails.txt

address@concealed

address@concealed

Command:

cat emails.txt | /var/sympa/sbin/sympa.pl --address@concealed

I found this in the Sympa doc or wiki, I do not remember where.  There was no delete option mentioned.,

---

 Chris Andrews

 Boston College

 Collaboration Team