en - [sympa-users] Attempts to reset member bounce rate fails when list config (del) set to (closed)

  • From: Thomas Berry <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Attempts to reset member bounce rate fails when list config (del) set to (closed)
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:51:16 -0800

Release: Sympa 5.2.3
Platform: RedHat Linux Enterprise 4

Source of subscribed members is an LDAP group (include_ldap_2level_query). I'm trying to configure the list to prevent anyone from modifying the subscribers, so I set the list privileges "Who can delete subscribers (del)" to "closed".

A misconfiguration of the sympa server prevented a distribution of a test list to one of its subscribers, causing the member's bounce rate to exceed the limits of the list.

When I attempted to reset the members bounce rate using wwsympa, both "Review members" and "Admin - Bounces" pages, I received an error that
the members could not be deleted after I clicked the "reset" button.

After I changed the list config (del) setting to (auth), I was then able to reset the bounce rate of the member to zero.

  • [sympa-users] Attempts to reset member bounce rate fails when list config (del) set to (closed), Thomas Berry, 01/24/2007