en - [sympa-users] Re: Trailing slash problems while viewing list archives

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Graham Todd <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Re: Trailing slash problems while viewing list archives
  • Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 10:28:20 +0100

Hi Graham,

This is a known problem of Sympa 5.2.x that was fixed in Sympa 5.2.3. Therefore it's very strange that it still happens on your server.
Are you running an official 5.2.3 version ?

FYI, here is the patch that fixed this bug : http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/sympa/wwsympa/wwsympa.fcgi?only_with_tag=sympa-5_2-branch&r2=1.652.2.11&r1=1.652.2.10

Graham Todd wrote:
We're evaluating sympa for a fairly large installation where we probably wont
be using the mhonarc archiving features but I'm impressed and quite like the
TT2 templates etc. and would like them to work. This following small problem
came about after upgrading to 5.2.3.

If we visit:

http://www.server.org/vhost.name.com/arc/listname

the current month's archive appears (looks great!). The previous months are
listed near the top of the central part of the page, with links as follows:

http://www.server.org/vhost.name.com/arc/listname/2006-05/
http://www.server.org/vhost.name.com/arc/listname/2006-06/

Selecting a non-current month to browse causes the content to be served with the wrong
MIME type (BIN file or application/octet-stream). This seems to be a trailing
"/" issue e.g: if we use these URLs things work fine:

http://www.server.org/vhost.name.com/arc/listname/2006-06
[...]