en - [sympa-users] Authentication question

  • From: Redmond Militante <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Authentication question
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:08:25 -0600

We would like to set up a list so that only certain subscribers can post to
it, and messages are not moderated.

However we would like to make sure that the From: header of messages sent to
this list are not spoofed, and that the email is coming from a legitimate
subscriber. Can Sympa's S/MIME functionality be used for this purpose? Or
is there a way we can restrict posting to a list to a specific range of ip
addresses?

Thanks,
Redmond

--
Redmond Militante / NSIT / The University of Chicago
PGP Public Key: <http://home.uchicago.edu/~rjm/pubkey.asc>