en - [sympa-users] is it possible with sympa... question (LDAP)

  • From: Éliás Tamás <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] is it possible with sympa... question (LDAP)
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:37:41 +0100

Udv / Greetings!

I'm the admin of a University in Hungary. I'd like to switch to a
mailing list manager, that fulfills the following requirements, or at
least with some hacking it would do the trick:

1. authenticating using an existing ldap database

2. The ability to create non-invitation based lists, so, I'd like to
tell who can be the member of each list)

3. In our openLDAP directory, we have a SubjectCode for each and every
student (their email is hosted at our server as usual). There are
mailing lists for each subject. If a subject member (a teacher for
example) posts to that list, the post should be delivered to all the
students, having the appropiate SubjectID based on the LDAP directory.
And for example backwards: only the users, with the given ID can post
to the list, andthe post gets to anyone with the same SubjectID.

The problem is: the student list changes frequently, so that's why it
would be good, if I would not need to manage the list memberships too,
only the ldap directory. just to say: dinamic mailing list membership
management. :)

Of course there are some invitation-based lists too, but that is the
usual story...

Or may I seek for other sofware not a mailing list manager??

tank you in advance!

--
Thomas Elias
Title: *NIX Sysadmin, PHP/Delphi/C++ programmer, Certified IBM UDB DB2