en - Re: [sympa-users] Question about sympa and sendmail aliases.

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Question about sympa and sendmail aliases.
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 17:08:37 -0400 (EDT)

I recently cited the following example alias definition
from the Sympa documentation:

address@concealed: "| /home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

and Serge replied (in part):

If you are using standard sendmail.cf derivated from sendmail
M4 macro, it true that you can't use this kind of aliases.

So, returning to my original question #2:

(2) Continuing on page 46, when discussing adding entries to the
sendmail virtual user table (/etc/mail/virtusertable), the
following example is given:

@my.domain.org my.domain.org-%1%3

So given an inbound message with the address of

address@concealed

I'm assuming that %1 would be 'mylist'. But what would be
the value used in the %3 substitution?

I'm still curious about what %3 does, but it's looking like
the alias definitions for this virtual domain list would be:

my.domain.org-mylist: "|/home/sympa/bin/queue address@concealed"

my.domain.org-mylist-request: "|/home/sympa/bin/queue
address@concealed"

etc. Correct?

...BC

--
| Bill Costa | No good
| 1 Leavitt Lane Voice: | deed...
| CIS/Telecom -- 2nd Floor +1-603-862-3056 |
+---------------[ http://pubpages.unh.edu/~wfc/ ]--+