en - [sympa-users] Sympa 5 on Debian Sarge?

  • From: Miles Fidelman <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Sympa 5 on Debian Sarge?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 08:08:37 -0400

Hi Folks,

I've been running Sympa version 3.4.4.3 on an old Red Hat 9 box for a few years - and it's been quite stable.

I'm about to migrate to a new machine - which is running Debian Sarge, and I'm wondering whether to:

a. install the stable packaged version, which is at Sympa v. 4.1.5.2, or,

b. install the Sympa 5 Debian package from www.sympa.org, or,

c. install Sympa 5 from source.

Can anybody who's installed Sympa 4 or 5 on Debian Sarge comment on stability of Sympa 5 on Sarge, things to watch out for during installation, and so forth?

Thanks very much,

Miles Fidelman