en - Re: [sympa-users] deleting a number of posts from the archives

  • From: "S. Woodside" <address@concealed>
  • To: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] deleting a number of posts from the archives
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:18:45 -0400

On Jul 30, 2006, at 7:52 AM, Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

I know exactly what you mean. ;-)
If you run sympa 5.2.1 and access the archive as listmaster (probably
listowner too, but haven't tried that) in month-view and navigate a page
back, sympa suddenly shows a checkbox in front of each message, which
can be used to perform mass-deletion. And now you can navigate back to
the page you started from, which will now show checkboxes too.

Hi Patrick, I just upgraded to 5.2.1 to try this but I don't see any checkboxes no matter where I navigate. I'm the Listmaster, but I'm not a subscriber, could that matter?

PS Maybe by editing the database? or the file system?
below arc/LISTNAME@DOMAIN you will find a directory for each month.
Ignore the html-files. In arctxt you will find a text-file for each
message. Identify the ones which are spam, delete them and as listmaster
select "rebuild archives" for the given list. The html-files will be
regenerated.

Is "rebuild archives" an option in the admin web interface? I can't find it.

--simon

--
CU,
   Patrick.