en - Re: [sympa-users] rss channel

  • From: Cefiar <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] rss channel
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:45:38 +1000

On Friday 28 April 2006 07:34, Redmond Militante wrote:
> +++ Cefiar <address@concealed> [06/04/27 16:33]:
> > > We're using sympa 4.1.5 on ubuntu - installed via apt-get. I noticed
> > > that there is no 'rss' button in the lower left hand corner as there is
> > > in the web admin interface for address@concealed.
> >
> > I'm pretty sure the rss feed stuff is 5.x functionality. Unfortunately
> > I've not seen any .deb packages for 5.x yet, from Ubuntu, Debian, or
> > other sources. If they're about somewhere, and preferably kept up to date
> > security wise, I'd be interested in hearing about them.
>
> you can use 'alien' to convert rpm to deb. i'm having some trouble
> installing the required cpan modules for 5x at the moment.

True, but not something that I'd like to do for 2 reasons:
1. Security updates then become a manual process. Having a .deb somewhere,
preferably in a repository makes that a lot easier to handle.
2. RPM's scripts don't always map well to the debian equivalents, and in
some
cases could rely on programs that don't exist in the standard debian
environment, specifically those that are not part of the LSB.

--
Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - address@concealed