en - [sympa-users] have suspicous e-mails moderated but don't inform the sender

  • From: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] have suspicous e-mails moderated but don't inform the sender
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:54:09 +0100

Hi all,

finally I got to configuring a official sympa-test-installation and so far I'm really happy about it. There are some minor user-interface-issues concerning wwsympa, especially when doing bulk-operations and I have problems verifying sender-smime-signatures, but I'm quite confident to solve those issues on my own. ;-)

Currently I try to find more information about "authorization scenarios", especially regarding the possible actions. I find:
<action> ::= do_it [,notify]
| do_it [,quiet]
| reject(<tpl_name>)
| request_auth
| owner
| editor
| editorkey
| listmaster

but there is no clear specification, what those actions really, really mean. For example, I don't know whether the sender would be informed, if I use the actions "owner" or "listmaster".

Even if there was a complete description of the differen actions, I suppose there is no way to have suspicous e-mail (containing "X-Spam-Flag: YES" in the header) moderated by an editor without (!) informing the sender? I have been blacklisted by spamcop several times, when spam went to a moderated list and a message "your e-mail is waiting for moderation" was sent to an innocent, forged sender-address.

--
CU,
Patrick