en - Re: [sympa-users] have suspicous e-mails moderated but don't inform the sender

  • From: Serge <address@concealed>
  • To: Patrick von der Hagen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] have suspicous e-mails moderated but don't inform the sender
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:54:44 +0100

Patrick von der Hagen wrote:

Hi all,

finally I got to configuring a official sympa-test-installation and so far I'm really happy about it. There are some minor user-interface-issues concerning wwsympa, especially when doing bulk-operations and I have problems verifying sender-smime-signatures, but I'm quite confident to solve those issues on my own. ;-)

Currently I try to find more information about "authorization scenarios", especially regarding the possible actions. I find:
<action> ::= do_it [,notify]
| do_it [,quiet]
| reject(<tpl_name>)
| request_auth
| owner
| editor
| editorkey
| listmaster

but there is no clear specification, what those actions really, really mean. For example, I don't know whether the sender would be informed, if I use the actions "owner" or "listmaster".

Even if there was a complete description of the differen actions, I suppose there is no way to have suspicous e-mail (containing "X-Spam-Flag: YES" in the header) moderated by an editor without (!) informing the sender? I have been blacklisted by spamcop several times, when spam went to a moderated list and a message "your e-mail is waiting for moderation" was sent to an innocent, forged sender-address.

Did you try "editorkey,quiet" as the rule result ? May be it's ok but not documented. If not one way to solve this is to change the web page template in order that the radio button "quiet" is checked by default. I agree that this would not provide exactly the feature you request because it will be applied only for web moderation operation and this solution does depend on the "X-Spam-Flag: YES" header.

Serge Aumont