en - Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots and aliases in Postfix

  • From: Anders Lund <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots and aliases in Postfix
  • Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:18:53 +0100

Anders Lund wrote:
> I have a comment myself. ;-)
>
> If the alias_manager.pl script was changed to edit my
> "virtual_sympa_regexp" in addition to my "sympa_aliases", to add one new
> line for each new list one of my virtual robots create, it would be better.
>
> Example:
>
> When I create list1@domain2 the alias manager would create the aliases
> in "sympa_aliases" and in addition insert a line in
> "virtual_sympa_regexp" which says:
>
> /^list1@domain2$/ domain2-list1
>
> Mail to "bogusname@domain2" would then be rejected with SMTP 550 code,
> instead of matching the generic /^(.*)@domain2$/ regexp I have today.
>
> I looks like this method was used in early days:
>
> http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/219.html
>
> After an update of "virtual_sympa_regexp" the alias manager would have
> to do a reload of Postfix I think...

I've changed my version of alias_manager.pl to this now, and it seems to
do what I want.

I have now /etc/sympa/virtual_sympa_regexp which is updated by
alias_manager.pl when /etc/sympa/sympa_aliases is updated. I don't need
to do a reload of Postfix after I run alias_manager.pl.

So now I get

550 <bogusname@domain2>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
virtual alias table

if I try to send to a nonexistent list at domain2.

In this way I avoid getting a lot of mail into my system for lists at my
virtual domains that do not exist.

- Anders

--
Anders Lund <address@concealed> .~.