en - Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots and aliases in Postfix

  • From: Anders Lund <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Virtual robots and aliases in Postfix
  • Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:03:17 +0100

I have a comment myself. ;-)

If the alias_manager.pl script was changed to edit my
"virtual_sympa_regexp" in addition to my "sympa_aliases", to add one new
line for each new list one of my virtual robots create, it would be better.

Example:

When I create list1@domain2 the alias manager would create the aliases
in "sympa_aliases" and in addition insert a line in
"virtual_sympa_regexp" which says:

/^list1@domain2$/ domain2-list1

Mail to "bogusname@domain2" would then be rejected with SMTP 550 code,
instead of matching the generic /^(.*)@domain2$/ regexp I have today.

I looks like this method was used in early days:

http://www.sympa.org/fom-serve/cache/219.html

After an update of "virtual_sympa_regexp" the alias manager would have
to do a reload of Postfix I think...

- Anders

--
Anders Lund <address@concealed> .~.