en - Re: [sympa-users] v5.1 / scenarii & authentication / problems adding subscribers using the web interface as privilidged owner

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] v5.1 / scenarii & authentication / problems adding subscribers using the web interface as privilidged owner
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:43:59 +0200

Hi Dirk,

Your problem might be related a few bug regarding Sympa's memory cache management, that we've fixed in the CVS stable branch.

I suggest you try running the CVS stable version to check if it fixes your problem and let us know if it doesn't.

To get this version, that will be released as sympa 5.1.2 these days, here are the cvs commands :
cvs -d :pserver:address@concealed:/sympa login
cvs -d :pserver:address@concealed:/sympa export -r sympa-5_1-branch -d sympa-5.1.pre2 sympa
Then just run the ./configure ; make ; make install stuff...

Jahnke-Zumbusch, Dirk wrote:
[...]
As soon as I use a role as "Privileged owner" (like you say, this is displayed in the upper left corner, close to the logout button), I am

 - not allowed to subscribe users using the web interface ("add" in the "Review" page); this throws the "may not add" error, mentioned in the last e-mail

 - not allowed to confirm subscription requests, using the "Subscribtions (1)" navigation entry under the "Moderate" part of the navigation bar; this triggers a  "subindex : you are not allowed to perform this action" and in the log
[...]
   But I am able to confirm subscription requests replying to the confirmation request e-mail!