en - Re: [sympa-users] v5.1 / scenarii & authentication / problems adding subscribers using the web interface as privilidged owner

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] v5.1 / scenarii & authentication / problems adding subscribers using the web interface as privilidged owner
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:59:21 +0200

Dirk Jahnke-Zumbusch wrote:

Dear sympa-users and -developers,

I'm puzzled with the scenario/authentication features of sympa.

One of my test e-mail addresses requested a new list and
the listmaster (myself, other credentials) made that list
available. The e-mail address of the list requestor is privilidged
and I would suspect, it would be possible to add subscribers
in the "Review" page by typing an e-mail address and
clicking the "Add" button afterwards.

But I'm wrong:

add : you are not allowed to perform this action

Why?

The log says, I "may not add" that new address (see below).

The add.default file's content is:

title.gettext add performed by owner do not need authentication (notification)

is_owner([listname],[sender]) smtp,md5,smime -> do_it,notify
is_listmaster([sender]) smtp -> request_auth
is_listmaster([sender]) md5,smime -> do_it,notify

Do I have to explicitly define web-scenarii??

No default scenario is correct for what you are doing if you are identified as listmaster or list owner. When you are looged the role (listmaster or owner must be present just under your email in the left side of the page near "logout" button (version 5.1). As list owner you should have access to the admin section in the list menu. Isn't it ?