en - Re: [sympa-users] Scenari question - add requiring confirmation

  • From: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Scenari question - add requiring confirmation
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:28:49 +0100

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed> wrote:

The behavior of the add.auth scenario is to request confirmation from
owners when ADD commands are sent via the mail interface.

I'm afraid we don't provide any workflow that does what you ask for, ie
: request subscriber confirmation in the ADD process.
Actually we've got one command that does that, the INVITE command. You
should disable the ADD command.

Thank you Olivier

I realised after posting that INVITE was probably what I was looking for. I am
left with a couple of problems though.

I disabled ADD other than for the listmaster with this:

is_listmaster([sender]) smtp -> request_auth
is_listmaster([sender]) md5,smime -> do_it
is_owner([listname],[sender]) smtp,md5,smime -> reject

Subscribe is set to auth_owner. I invite a user, they accept and then the owner
recieves a request to authorise this. The owner responds, to be told:

"You are not allowed to perform command add in list ctla"

The other less critical issue I have is that there doesn't appear to be a way of
inviting via the web interface.

--
Chris Hastie