en - Re: [sympa-users] Scenari question - add requiring confirmation

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Chris Hastie <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Scenari question - add requiring confirmation
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 11:08:30 +0200

The behavior of the add.auth scenario is to request confirmation from owners when ADD commands are sent via the mail interface.

I'm afraid we don't provide any workflow that does what you ask for, ie : request subscriber confirmation in the ADD process.
Actually we've got one command that does that, the INVITE command. You should disable the ADD command.

Chris Hastie wrote:

I'm struggling to come up with a scenari to do what I want. I'm using 4.1, so perhaps the answer is "upgrade" :(

I want to allow list owners to add subscribers, but only if the subscriber confirms that they wish to be subscribed. I suspect this is what add.auth is intended for, but it doesn't work as I would wish because it allows list owners to add subscribers from the web interface without any confirmation from the subscriber.