en - [sympa-users] Remote authentication against sympa

  • From: "Dean Ericksen" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Remote authentication against sympa
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:08:22 -0700

I’m setting up a zope/plone website that will, theoretically, allow users to authenticate against a variety of sources. Ideally sympa would perform that duty. I’ve looked at the apache::sympaauth method, and assume this is the preferred way to solve the problem … but it seems to authenticate off of only one list (“PerlSetVar SympaList mylist #list used for authorization”). The scenario I’m trying to address is authentication against a sympa DB that holds over 800 lists and 140K users, and what I’d like returned from the authentication transaction is an array of the lists to which the given login/password is associated, and what permission level that login has. Another way of solving this would be an ssl/mysql connection, which is fine … has anyone solved this problem yet? Any sample code or friendly hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.

-Dean