en - [sympa-users] Custom Page

  • From: "Dean Ericksen" <address@concealed>
  • To: <address@concealed>
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Custom Page
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 09:05:42 -0700

My question from two weeks ago (below) was either too simple-minded to address or too difficult to think about. So I’ll re-define it, and hope to break the silence:

·         What does it take to create a custom page that calls specific data from expl and the db, (is it possible)? Are there any examples to work from?

·         How can I request list-specific and user-specific variables on a page that doesn’t do this by default (using [% PERL %])?

I recognize that I could write a page in the language of my choice (python, php, perl, etc) that does everything I want, but I’d rather stay within the sympa framework as much as possible. A lot of the “edit_list_request” data looks hard to extract discretely … or it’s possible that I’m just not familiar enough with the inner-workings of sympa… We host 800+ lists, so any wisdom would go a long way.

Thanks.

-Dean