en - Re: [sympa-users] Custom Page

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Dean Ericksen <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] Custom Page
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 11:43:27 +0200

Dean Ericksen wrote:

My question from two weeks ago (below) was either too simple-minded to address or too difficult to think about. So I’ll re-define it, and hope to break the silence:

· What does it take to create a custom page that calls specific data from expl and the db, (is it possible)? Are there any examples to work from?

· How can I request list-specific and user-specific variables on a page that doesn’t do this by default (using [% PERL %])?

You know that templates use format tt2 which is documented in tt2.org. What you need is a good documentation that list all vars for each action. Unfortunitly it is not documented in Sympa. It should be a hard job to do it because there is a lot vars and a lot of diffrent action in Sympa.

You can easily watch wwsympa.fcgi code and look at the structure $param which is the data structure used by Sympa when parsing tt2 templates. Of course it is not a good answer to a user to say "documentation is the code". What we can do is to introduce a new optionnal parameter to every action in wwsympa, with this parameter wwsympa could show all availible vars insteed of the real page of the action (limited to listmaster). This way a listmaster could list all variables and show there value in any page.

What to do you think about ?
Serge Aumont