en - Re: [sympa-users] messages rejected - my fault- help?

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] messages rejected - my fault- help?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:27:39 +0200

address@concealed wrote:

I inherited an installation of Sympa (it's 4.1.1) and it was running
beautifully for well over a year, until I got my hands on it yesterday. I'm
new
to this, and I've been poring over documentation and lists and google, but
can't figure out what I did.

All messages to all lists are now being sent to the msgs/bad spool, and a
message is sent to the poster saying:

Command not understood: ignoring end of message.
No command found in message

The only thing I remember changing for certain is the sympa.conf (bad, I know,
bad bad bad) and I didn't think to back it up first (also bad bad bad). But I
only changed the listmaster address, via ssh, and I changed it back and then
restarted sympa, but with no luck on the problem.

The listmaster parameter is probably not responsible for your problem (may be you have rebuild aliases and this can explain it).

The first think is that message that are moved to bad can be moved again to the msg spool so they are not lost. Stop Sympa and start it with teh debug option : "sympa.pl -d" You will have a lot of logs and probably the solution.

Upgrading the version will not solve teh problem, but you should do it after solve the problem.

Sereg Aumont