en - [sympa-users] Forbidden

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Forbidden
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 08:15:01 +0200

I'm hoping this is just something stupid. Some raised this question a long
time ago, said they were dumb for missing such a simple solution, then didn't
bother to post the solution.... but hopefully this is simple because I'm sick
of banging my head against the wall.

I have Sympa 5.1 setup on a fedora core 2 box running apache 2.0.51, qmail,
and
mysql. I have compiled the program but I am unable to access the web
interface. My installation directories were all default and I have installed
the fastCGI mod (although currently I have it disabled). I have tried setting
up a virtural host (suexec is installed in apache) and have the following def
in my conf file:

<VirtualHost my.ip.addr:80>
ServerName my.servername.com
DocumentRoot /home/sympa

SuexecUserGroup sympa sympa

ScriptAlias /sympa /home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi
</VirtualHost>

All the files in the sympa home director are owned by sympa:sympa.

When I try to access my.servername.com/sympa I get a 403 forbidden message.
All the http related logs show the error, but don't give any additional
information.

Database access for name/password looks good, and I believe I have the qmail
aliases configured correctly. I'm kinda new to this world so please be a
little descriptive in any help you can offer.

I'm hoping it is just something that I forgot to configure... but it just
doesn't look that way.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Salamankero