en - Re: Re: [sympa-users] Forbidden

  • From: address@concealed
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: Re: [sympa-users] Forbidden
  • Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:08:34 +0200

K... I have moved a long a little. The forbidden message was being caused by
Apache not being able to read the directory. The root directory (/home/sympa)
had too restrictive of permissions. Now I'm having issues because this home
directory appears to be out of the docroot path for suexec. So in the suexec
log I get:

[2005-09-08 09:42:22]: uid: (10014/sympa) gid: (10014/10014) cmd: wwsympa.fcgi
[2005-09-08 09:42:22]: command not in docroot (/home/sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi)

and in the http log I get:

[Thu Sep 08 09:43:12 2005] [error] [client 67.166.116.130] Premature end of
script headers: wwsympa.fcgi

So I think I'm faced with one of two options. Move the installation of Sympa
into the doc root, or perhaps change permissions on the /home/sympa
directories/files. I currently have installed mailman and it is not in the
docroot either, but all of its files/directories have the suid/guid bit set.
Mailman's installation required this so that its scripts could be run by
apache.

So now my question is, can the permissions on the files/directories be
modified
such that the system will run correctly? I have permissions set to 6755 on
wwsympa.fcgi, sympa_soap_server.fcgi(I am NOT using soap), queue, and
bouncequeue in the bin directory.

I'm getting close :)

One other note.. I have seen on a few sites where they do "service sympa
restart". When I try and do that it shows that all the .pl's were down, then
has errors on every one when trying to start them. Is it supposed to do
this?
I have read that many of these things are done at runtime so I was wondering
if
it was supposed to do that or not. Here is a sample of the failure.

/sbin/service sympa restart
Restarting Sympa subsystem:
Stopping Sympa subsystem:
Module bounced.pl not running
Module archived.pl not running
Module sympa.pl not running
Module sympa-distribute.pl not running
Module task_manager.pl not running
Starting Sympa subsystem:
Starting module sympa.pl: Base class package "Template::Provider" is empty.
(Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first.)
at /home/sympa/bin/tt2.pl line 27
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sympa/bin/tt2.pl line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /home/sympa/bin/Message.pm line 28.
Compilation failed in require at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 230.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sympa/bin/List.pm line 230.
Compilation failed in require at /home/sympa/bin/Commands.pm line 27.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sympa/bin/Commands.pm line 27.
Compilation failed in require at /home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/sympa/bin/sympa.pl line 34.
[FAILED]

Thanks again for all the help!

Salamankero