en - Re: [sympa-users] problem displaying the language

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: Michael Redinger <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] problem displaying the language
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 17:46:20 +0200

Many Solaris users reported this very annoying problem...
I eventually got a chance to test the Sympa locale subroutines on a Solaris 10 server and I found out that POSIX::setlocale() fails on Solaris 10.

Here is a patch that should fix the problem :
http://sourcesup.cru.fr/cgi/viewcvs.cgi/sympa/src/Language.pm?r1=1.40&r2=1.41&makepatch=1&diff_format=u

Michael please confirm that the patch works !

Michael Redinger wrote:

I have installed 5.1pre on Solaris 10.
On the first page and the users' settings page, the language drop-down list contains empty entries, ie. there are entries, but they do not contain any strings. I can even select eg. the second one and change the language, but the language string is not displayed correctly.

[...]