en - [sympa-users] Problem creating lists

  • From: Liam Kirsher <address@concealed>
  • To: address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] Problem creating lists
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:07:39 -0700

Hi --

I'm running Sympa 5.0b on RedHat 8.
I have multiple virtual robots. The others are working fine. Now I'm trying to add a new one

When I try to create a new list (using the web interface), the list doesn't get created in the expl/lists.virtualhost.com/ directory, it gets created in the expl directory.
The web interface reports that the list creation failed.

I've tried moving the new list directory to the correct place, beneath the lists.virtualhost.com directory, but that doesn't seem to help. (I restarted both sympa and wwsympa.)

When I try to display the page that should have the list of lists on it, the log shows:
Aug 11 00:47:38 pythagoras wwsympa[2953]: [robot lists.virtualhost.com] [client 67.164.25.192] [user address@concealed] do_lists(,)
Aug 11 00:47:38 pythagoras wwsympa[2953]: unknown robot lists.virtualhost.com, Unable to open /home/sympa/expl/lists.virtualhost.com
Aug 11 00:47:39 pythagoras wwsympa[2953]: Incorrect listname ""
Aug 11 00:47:39 pythagoras wwsympa[2953]: Unable to open scenario file visibility., please report to listmaster
Aug 11 00:47:39 pythagoras wwsympa[2953]: internal error : configuration for operation visibility is not yet performed by scenario

I checked the /home/sympa/expl/lists.virtualhost.com directory, and it is owned by sympa and has correct permissions.

Looking at the code that does the logging in List.pm, I can't understand why it is failing:

unless (-d $robot_dir) {
do_log('err',"unknown robot $robot, Unable to open $robot_dir");
return undef ;
}

Any ideas?

Liam