en - Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa from http to https

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: François Patte <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa from http to https
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 10:12:20 +0200

Please don't change any path directly in any script !
You probably missed important part of the documentation including this chapter :
http://www.sympa.org/doc/html/node4.html#SECTION00430000000000000000

All you have to do is something like this :
% ./configure --prefix=/your/new/symparoot

François Patte wrote: [...]
Anyway, I'll change the location of sympa because I have only one IP number and I can't have 2 different SSL certificates on the same IP number.

What are the files to modify in sympa configuration? I have to change the path in:

/etc/sympa.conf, /etc/wwsympa.conf,
../sympa/bin/sympa_wizard.pl, ../sympa/alias_manager.pl,
../sympa/bin/arc2webarc.pl, ../sympa/bin/mod2html.pl,
../sympa/bin/sympa.pl ../bin/sympa/task_manager.pl,
../sympa/bin/testlogs.pl, ../sympa/bin/tools.pl, ../sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

I think that some other script have to be modified too and that this is reason why I cannot get the archives in https.

My I suggest for future releases that the only config files will be in /etc and that all the perl scripts refer to these files in order to find the correct paths?