en - Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa from http to https

  • From: François Patte <address@concealed>
  • To: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] migrating sympa from http to https
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 08:29:04 +0200

Olivier Salaün - CRU a écrit :
| That's strange because wwsympa always use relative links.
| You can have a try rebuilding the web archives and see if things get
| better ("Sympa Admin" > "rebuild HTML archives")

No! I tried that with no result:

Before "rebuildind", the Archive link point to:
https://lists.server/wws/arc/test

Once clicked I get the correct page with archives, but the links on
archives points to:

http://lists.server/wws/arc/test/2005-05/msg00001.html

"http" not http"s" and I get a 404 error.

I try to rebuild my archives usind two ways:

1- entering the name "test" only. Got this message: "rebuildarc
successful" but nothing has changed.

2- entering the name 'test@server". Got the same message but now the
Archive link points to:

https://lists.server/wws/arc/test@server

And archives are empty!

After re-login, I get the same as if I have done nothing.

Anyway, I'll change the location of sympa because I have only one IP
number and I can't have 2 different SSL certificates on the same IP number.

What are the files to modify in sympa configuration? I have to change
the path in:

/etc/sympa.conf, /etc/wwsympa.conf,
../sympa/bin/sympa_wizard.pl, ../sympa/alias_manager.pl,
../sympa/bin/arc2webarc.pl, ../sympa/bin/mod2html.pl,
../sympa/bin/sympa.pl ../bin/sympa/task_manager.pl,
../sympa/bin/testlogs.pl, ../sympa/bin/tools.pl, ../sympa/bin/wwsympa.fcgi

I think that some other script have to be modified too and that this is
reason why I cannot get the archives in https.

My I suggest for future releases that the only config files will be in
/etc and that all the perl scripts refer to these files in order to find
the correct paths?

Thank you for any help.

| François Patte wrote:
|
|> I had installed sympa on a http server and I wanted to migrate it to
|> https.
|>
|> I have changed the virtualhost declaration from httpd.conf to
|> /etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf
|>
|> Changed the location in /etc/sympa.conf.
|>
|> Everything is working except the archives: all the links on the archives
|> pages refer to "http" and not "https". So archives are not readable.
|

| [...)

- --
François Patte
Ecole française d'Extrême-Orient - Pune - India
Université Paris 5 - Paris - France