en - [sympa-users] VERP (was Message footer templat)

  • From: Olivier Salaün - CRU <address@concealed>
  • To: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <address@concealed>
  • Cc: elijah <address@concealed>, address@concealed
  • Subject: [sympa-users] VERP (was Message footer templat)
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 15:02:41 +0200

Currently Sympa does not provide VERP (Variable Envelop Return Path) for message distribution YET. That's why I excluded subscriber-specific variables in footer.tt2.

We like the bulk-emailer behavior but we are now convinced that VERP should be an option.
Gwenaelle Bouteille has been working on the mail distribution subroutines reorganization and it will make things easier to provide VERP, probably in a 5.2 release of Sympa. The VERP will probably be triggered via a configuration parameter or on a periodical basis (1 message out of 10 could be VERP).

VERP afficionados require a bit of patience again...

Roger B.A. Klorese wrote:

We'd much prefer a message_footer.tt2 that replaces the existing message_footer. This template could include list-specific variables, not subscriber-specific because of our bulk-emailer.

Since support for subscriber-specific variables is present in so many other MLMs, I fear this is a mistake.