en - Re: [sympa-users] sub loop

  • From: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • To: Yavuz Sert <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] sub loop
  • Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 11:31:58 +0200

Yavuz Sert wrote:

for example i have a function called mailsend. (mailsend(from,to,mailhost,subject,body))

and my script is :
for i = 0 to 100000
from = "emailaddress@concealed"
call mailsend (from , "address@concealed" , "mailserver" ,
"sub sympa-users" , "")
next

is there any way to protect the server from this?

Yes there is : configure the list in order to request authentification. Authentication can be based on S/MIME or email confirmation request. In the futur, we will introduce some MASS (1) technologies into Sympa both for authentication checking and prove message issued by Sympa. MASS Is the name of a working group where DomainKeys, IIM, METAsignature etc are discussed. All are designed for message authentication using signature technologies in the context of spam war.

Serge Aumont