en - Re: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication

  • From: VAN HPHAN <address@concealed>
  • To: Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites <address@concealed>
  • Cc: address@concealed
  • Subject: Re: [sympa-users] student id and email address mapoing for authentication
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 04:14:31 -0800 (PST)

I might not state my question clearly ...
I would like to remove users from the list after 2
buonces (with or without notifying the list owner) I
saw this can be done by "bounce level2 rate". Where
should I specify this and how? I used the example in
the doc but it seemed not working for me.

--- Aumont - Comite Reseaux des Universites
<address@concealed> wrote:

> address@concealed wrote:
>
> >1. student id for authentication and email address
> for authorization:
> >
> >I want to setup md5 for authentication, however,
> some students have more than one email address,
> school and dept. I prefer them to use the one from
> the dept that they are in. I have a table which has
> studentID and associating dept email addresses set
> up on the ML server already. Is there a simple way
> to configure the site to use student id for
> authentication with corresponding email address for
> authorization (subscription/post/review).
> >

> No there isn't unless you convert this RDBM table in
> a LDAP directory.
> But you can developp a new authentication methode.
> Not to hard, just a
> lack of internal documentation. Have a look at
> Auth.pm.
>
> >2. Auto Bounce management:
> >
> >I've tried to configure the server to remove the
> users after 2 bounces without success. I might not
> understand the document clearly. This type of
> settings should go to sympa.conf or the config file
> of each list itself. I tried both in sympa.conf and
> the config file of some lists but could not get it
> working. When I specified level 2 bounce in
> sympa.conf it could not recognize the syntax and
> refused to start sympa. I moved it to the config
> file of a test list but seemed not working either.
> Am I missing something here, can someone shed some
> light on this?
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your help!
> >

> bounce_warn_rate bounce_halt_rate are sympa.conf
> parameters that can
> be redefined for each list using
>

> ATTACHMENT part 2 application/x-pkcs7-signature
name=smime.p7s